How to Volunteer
Our volunteer program is the heart and soul of the Animal Defense League of Texas. You will assist our staff in providing the highest-quality care for our pets. Your crucial gift of time allows us to magnify our impact and save more lives. By joining our team of dedicated volunteers, you’ll build strong relationships with other volunteers, our community, and the animals themselves. With your dedication, we will continue to save more lives and find amazing animals new homes.
- Step One: Through this link you will complete a volunteer application and choose an orientation date.
- Step Two: After you have completed the application and scheduled your orientation class, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Step Three: After you attend an orientation, you will receive an email with a link to create a password in our volunteer portal, your volunteer clock-in PIN, and notification that you have been switched from “Applicant” to “Active”. You’ll also receive a copy of our Volunteer Handbook. PLEASE REVIEW THIS MATERIAL.
- Step Four: Sign up for your first volunteer assignment on the volunteer portal. Remember: you must volunteer at least 12 hours every three months to remain active.
- Step Five: Give yourself a pat on the back. You’re making a difference!
Please note that the minimum age to volunteer is 12. Volunteers 16 and older may volunteer independently with signed permission by a legal guardian. Children, age 12 to 15 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is also an ADL volunteer (who has completed orientation) at all times. Children under the age of 12 can join our Pet Champion program. Learn more about the Pet Champion program by visiting this link.
Additional Volunteer Information
Please note individuals under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian signature on the waiver completed at the orientation class. If you would like to print, complete, and bring this form, you may do so by visiting this link.
Information for volunteers with physical and intellectual disabilities: ADL is happy to provide volunteer opportunities to any individual who is capable of performing tasks independently or with the assistance of a caretaker, parent, or guardian. Please note a caretaker, parent, or guardian must also be a registered volunteer who has attended an orientation class. Unfortunately, individuals who are unable to perform tasks independently or with the assistance of a caretaker, parent, or guardian will need to find volunteer opportunities elsewhere. Our top priority is to ensure the safety of all staff and volunteers working with the pets at our facility.
To begin volunteering, you must complete a Volunteer Application and choose an orientation date. It’s online and easy to do!Apply Here
If you're already a volunteer, you can login and schedule your next assignment, check hours, contact us, and find out important information about upcoming events and classes.Volunteer Portal
We have many programs where your time will impact the daily mission of the Animal Defense League of Texas. Your skills and experience are invaluable, so let us know how you'd like to participate.Our Volunteer Program
© 2020 - Animal Defense League of Texas. All rights reserved.
Website Proudly Built & Supported by WebTegrity