Court-Ordered Community Service
If the court has ordered you community service and you have selected the Animal Defense League of Texas to fulfill those hours, please review the following information before your selected first day of service.
- You must sign-in for community service no later than 9:30 AM. It’s a good idea to arrive 10 minutes early. Be sure to bring any paperwork associated with your service.
- You must be 16 years of age or older to serve your hours at the shelter.
- You must commit to and complete at least 4 hours each day you serve.
- Community service hours are available every day excluding Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the 4th of July.
- Please dress appropriately for outdoor work, including sturdy, closed-toe shoes. You will be asked to leave if you’re inappropriately dressed. No short shorts, halter tops, skirts, sandals, etc. Printed tees must be appropriate and family-friendly.
- Your assigned tasks may change daily. Most will involve landscaping, cleaning, painting, etc. You will get dirty. Unless directed by staff, you may not interact with the animals.
- You must at all times behave appropriately with staff, volunteers, and the public.
- Eligible participants may not have felony charges or misdemeanors of a violent or sexual nature.
The Animal Defense League of Texas reserves the right to send away any community service participant unable or unwilling to follow these guidelines. You serve your hours at the discretion of the staff. Be prepared to work hard, follow instructions, maintain a positive attitude, and stay busy.
Guidelines and Map
This document reviews the guidelines of community service as mentioned above. It also includes a downloadable map of our campus showing where to park and sign in.
Community Service Disclaimer
Prior to starting your community service, please print and complete this form. If you aren't able to print from home, a form can be made available on your first day of service.
© 2018 - Animal Defense League of Texas. All rights reserved.
Website Proudly Built & Supported by WebTegrity