***Pets must be at least 2 months of age and weigh at least 2 pounds.***
Spay/Neuter is one of the easiest ways to ensure your pet has a healthy, happy life. Thank you for taking the necessary steps to keep your pet healthy and to combat the overpopulation of companion animals in our community.
Please read all information below:
- Cats must be dropped off between 7:00am and 9:00am and dogs at 9:00am on the day of your appointment.
- Pick-up from surgery will be the same day at 4:00pm. The hospital will close and lock its doors at 5:00pm.
- ALL CATS must be in their own hard-sided (plastic) carrier that is appropriate to their size (they MUST have enough room to turn around comfortably with an e-collar, aka a cone of shame.) SOFT/FABRIC CARRIERS AND CARDBOARD BOXES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED!
- Dogs will be placed in a pop-up kennel, but must be on-leash when entering and exiting hospital.
- All pets over the age of 12 weeks must be up to date on the rabies vaccination. You will need to bring a vaccine certification that has been signed/stamped by the providing doctor or we can administer the vaccine the same day of surgery for an additional $20. Those participating in the City of San Antonio free Spay/Neuter program will receive this vaccine free of charge.
- All pets will go home with an Elizabethan Collar (cone) to prevent any biting or licking near their surgery site. The cone is $5 and it is mandatory. Those participating in the City of San Antonio free Spay/Neuter program will receive this cone free of charge.
- If you need to schedule an appointment for more than one pet, please schedule one pet at a time.
- There will be a $35 or $25 non-refundable deposit to secure your appointment (amount of deposit will depend on type of surgery and will be calculated at the time of making your appointment). This deposit will go toward the cost of the surgery. Please locate your appointment type and pay your deposit through the scheduling system in the links below.
City of San Antonio Free Spay/Neuter Services
Individuals living in the following zip codes are eligible to receive free spay/neuter services provided through a grant from the City of San Antonio. You must provide a current utility bill (issued within the last 30 days) providing proof of your zip code. Qualifying zip codes:
78201, 78202, 78203, 78204, 78207, 78208, 78210, 78211, 78212, 78213, 78214, 78218, 78220, 78221, 78222, 78223, 78224, 78225, 78227, 78228, 78235, 78237, and 78242
Schedule Free Spay/Neuter Appointments
Feline Non-Grant Spay/Neuter Services
Individuals who DO NOT live within the above mentioned zip codes can still utilize our low-cost services at the following prices:
All animals must weigh at least two pounds in order to undergo a surgical procedure.
Additional Services Available During Spay/Neuter Appointments Only:
|Feline Vaccine Package|
(Includes rabies and FVRCP)
(Cats: Heartworms, FIV, FeLVDogs: Heartworm Test)
If proof of rabies vaccination is not provided, the animal will be vaccinated and the owner will be charged accordingly.
Feline Fridays: Special Spay/Neuter Days for Owned Cats & Feral Cats
The first 10 owned cats by regular appointment and an additional 45 feral cats will be accepted for surgery on each specific Feline Friday.
Feral cats will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. All surgeries include a rabies vaccine with the fee of $35 for male cats and $50 for female cats. If you have attended SAFCC’s TNR Class, the fee to sterilize a feral cat is reduced to $20. ADL will verify all SAFCC attendees. If cats have a current rabies vaccine, they are not eligible for the feral cat surgery rate. Each cat or kitten must arrive in a humane trap (covered and only one cat or kitten is allowed per trap). Feral cats will be accepted between 7 am and 9 am. Pickup occurs on the same day between 4 pm and 5 pm. Feline Friday is subject to change without notice. If ferals are brought in a pet carrier, you will be charged owned-pet prices.