Spay/Neuter is one of the easiest ways to ensure your pet has a healthy, happy life. Thank you for taking the necessary steps to keep your pet healthy and to combat the overpopulation of companion animals in our community.
Please read all information below:
- Cats are dropped off between 7:00am and 9:00am and dogs at 9:00am on the day of your appointment.
- Pick up from surgery will be the same day at 4:00pm. The hospital will close and lock its doors at 5:00pm.
- ALL CATS must be in their own hard-sided (plastic) carrier that is appropriate to their size (they MUST have enough room to turn around comfortably with an e-collar, aka a cone of shame.) SOFT/FABRIC CARRIERS AND CARDBOARD BOXES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED!
- All pets over the age of 12 weeks must be up to date on the rabies vaccination. You will need to bring a vaccine certification that has been signed/stamped by the providing doctor or we can administer the vaccine the same day of surgery for an additional $20.
- All pets will go home with an Elizabethan Collar (cone) to prevent any biting or licking near their surgery site. The cone is $5 and it is mandatory.
- If you need to schedule an appointment for more than one pet, please schedule one pet at a time.
- There will be a $35 non-refundable deposit to secure your appointment (due at the point of scheduling). This deposit will go towards the cost of the surgery. Please pay your deposit through the scheduling system in the link below titled “Schedule an Appointment Here”.
If you need to contact an animal practice we trust, please call any of the following:
San Antonio Humane Society: 210-226-7461
Perrin-410 Animal Hospital: 210-650-3141
A $35 non-refundable surgery deposit will be required to hold your appointment. You must arrive for an appointment between 7:00 am and 9:00 am. Each cat must be in its own carrier. Pickup will be from 4 pm to 5 pm on the day of the appointment.
Fees for Spay/Neuter Services
All animals must weigh at least two pounds in order to undergo a surgical procedure.
Services Available During Spay/Neuter Appointments Only:
Services for Cats
|Fecal Exam & Treatment||$35.00|
|Feline Vaccine Package|
(Includes rabies and FVRCP)
(Heartworms, FIV, FeLV)
If proof of rabies vaccination is not provided, the animal will be vaccinated and the owner will be charged accordingly.
Feline Fridays: Special Spay/Neuter Days for Owned Cats & Feral Cats
The first 10 owned cats by regular appointment and an additional 45 feral cats will be accepted for surgery on each specific Feline Friday.
Feral cats will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. All surgeries include a rabies vaccine with the fee of $35 for male cats and $50 for female cats. If you have attended SAFCC’s TNR Class, the fee to sterilize a feral cat is reduced to $20. ADL will verify all SAFCC attendees. If cats have a current rabies vaccine, they are not eligible for the feral cat surgery rate. Each cat or kitten must arrive in a humane trap (covered and only one cat or kitten is allowed per trap). Feral cats will be accepted between 7 am and 9 am. Pickup occurs on the same day between 4 pm and 5 pm. Feline Friday is subject to change without notice. If ferals are brought in a pet carrier, you will be charged owned-pet prices.