How to Adopt
Have you saved a life before? When you adopt from the Animal Defense League of Texas, you do not save just one life; you save two! How do you ask? You would be saving the pet that
you’ve decided to adopt, and that would open up a kennel for us to save another unwanted, neglected, abused or abandoned pet in San Antonio. By adopting from ADL, you are helping solve the problem.
Things to know when looking to adopt
- We ask that everyone signs in at the adoption center before viewing the pets that are available for adoption. There is some valuable information that we’d love to share with you.
- If you are currently renting, please make sure you have checked your deposit requirement as well as breed and size restrictions outlined by your property owner.
- If you are considering adopting a puppy or kitten and have existing animals at home, please bring proof of vaccinations.
- Please consider a meet and greet with your owned animals before adopting. When bringing a pet for a meet and greet, please bring proof of vaccinations. Please make sure you bring your pet on a leash.
- We stop accepting adoption applications at 6:30 pm. We stop at that time so that it allows us enough time to complete the adoption by 7 pm.
- If you have any questions or if you’d like to meet a pet, ask one of our kennel staff members for assistance.
Dogs: $60.00 Under | Puppies under 6-months: $150.00 | Cats: $30.00 | Kittens under 6-months: $75.00 | Adopt Me Now Pets: $175.00
THE ADOPTION FEE INCLUDES:
Spay/neuter surgery, age appropriate vaccinations, microchip, internal and external parasite treatment, heartworm prevention, 30 days of 24PetWatch Pet Insurance, a starter bag of Heritage Ranch by H-E-B pet food and more! Fees may be different during adoption specials. Call 210-655-1481 for details or view our Calendar of Events for current specials!
© 2017 - Animal Defense League. All rights reserved.
Website Proudly Built & Supported by WebTegrity