City of San Antonio Free Spay/Neuter Services
Individuals living in the following zip codes are eligible to receive free spay/neuter services provided through a grant from the City of San Antonio. The surgery itself is free but we still require a $25 deposit to secure your appointment. You must provide a current light/electricity bill, water bill, or leasing agreement for zip code verification (bills must be issued within the last 30 days and date must be visible).
- Must have their pet vaccinated with DHPP/FVRCP at least 2 weeks before the surgery.
- Must be at least 2 months of age and weigh at least 2lbs.
- Please do not allow your pet to eat or drink after 10:00pm prior to the day of the appointment.
- Cats must be dropped off between 7:00am and 9:00am.
- Dogs must be dropped off at 9:00am.
- Pick-up from surgery will be the same day at 4:00pm. The hospital will close and lock its doors at 5:00pm. All pets MUST be picked up by 5:00pm.
- All cats must be in their own hard-sided (plastic) carrier that is appropriate to their size (they MUST have enough room to turn around comfortably with an e-collar). SOFT/FABRIC CARRIERS AND CARDBOARD BOXES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED!
- Dogs will be placed in a pop-up kennel, but must be on-leash when entering and exiting the hospital.
- All pets over the age of 12 weeks must be up to date on the rabies vaccination. You will need to bring a vaccine certification that has been signed by the providing doctor. Otherwise we will have to administer the vaccine the same day of surgery, however, this will be paid for by the city.
- It is mandated that all pets will go home with an Elizabethan Collar (cone) to prevent any biting or licking near their surgery site, this will also be paid for by the city.
- There will be a $25 non-refundable deposit to secure your appointment which will go towards the cost of services provided.
- As per City of San Antonio requirements, if your pet is not already microchipped we will have to microchip them on the day of the surgery. The microchip is an additional $25. This is not paid for by the city, however, your deposit can be used to cover this cost.
- If you need to schedule an appointment for more than one pet, please schedule a separate appointment for each pet. Cats must come in separate carriers.
Qualifying zip codes:
78201, 78202, 78203, 78204, 78207, 78208, 78210, 78211, 78212, 78213, 78214, 78218, 78220, 78221, 78222, 78223, 78224, 78225, 78227, 78228, 78235, 78237, and 78242.