To our valued supporters,
ADL is currently scheduling intake appointments based on space and housing availability. Please note that our programs serve all age groups and conditions. Currently, our programs have the most potential to assist those needing to place canines 25lbs or less.
Please note: to better assist our community and increase access to our life-saving programs, as of 7.1.2020 ADL reduced its intake fee to a flat $50.00 per intake appointment. Litters and littermates with a nursing mother also qualify as a single intake scenario. All large breeds regardless of age or condition, all qualify for the standard $50.00 intake fee per pet.
We are working hard at creating new programs that are accessible to all, follow gold standard care, and focus on the health and care of each and every pet that they serve.
Intakes will be by appointment only and must be through email and have received a confirmation email from intake to ensure they are on the schedule.
- Address that is on your driver’s license or state ID
- When making an appointment, send a request by email with photos and a description of the pet (age, sex, weight, breed) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our intake team is incredibly busy and will get back to you as soon as possible. Any general questions can be sent to intake email as well. Please include:
- Approximate age
- Any known medical conditions
- If pet previously adopted from The Animal Defense League
- Picture if possible
Major San Antonio Animal Shelters:
- Animal Care Services | 210.207.4738 | ACS Links: Found-A-Pet, Owner Surrender
- San Antonio Humane Society | 210.226.7461 | SAHS Links: Receiving
* Please note that intake availability, policies, and procedures differ by organization. Please contact the organization’s intake team prior to attempting to surrender a pet to ensure space is available.
May we also suggest:
Rehome, the app by Petco – Rehome is a smartphone application that assists in connecting those looking to rehome their pets with those looking to adopt, all without the pet entering a shelter system! And its FREE!
If you are reaching out to return an ADL adoption, please contact your adoption counselor at the email address that was provided at the time of adoption. Your adoption counselor will assist you with the process for return.