To our valued supporters:
It is with heavy hearts we share this development. Due to the current events impacting our community and shelter, ADL is temporarily suspending its public intake program. Please check back regularly for status updates as we will continue to assess alternative options to best support our community. During this time frame, ADL will continue to schedule adoption return appointments on an “as needed” basis.
Intakes will be by appointment only and must be through email and have received a confirmation email from intake to ensure they are on the schedule.
- $50 intake fee per pet
- Address that is on your driver’s license or state ID
- When making an appointment, send a request by email with photos and a description of the pet (age, sex, weight, breed) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our intake team is incredibly busy and will get back to you as soon as possible. Any general questions can be sent to intake email as well. Please include:
- approximate age
- any known medical conditions
- picture if possible
Major San Antonio Animal Shelters:
- Animal Care Services | 210.207.4738 | ACS Links: Found-A-Pet, Owner Surrender
- San Antonio Humane Society | 210.226.7461 | SAHS Links: Receiving
* Please note that intake availability, policies, and procedures differ by organization. Please contact the organization’s intake team prior to attempting to surrender a pet to ensure space is available.
May we also suggest:
Rehome, the app by Petco – Rehome is a smartphone application that assists in connecting those looking to rehome their pets with those looking to adopt, all without the pet entering a shelter system! And its FREE!
If you are reaching out to return an ADL adoption, please contact your adoption counselor at the email address that was provided at the time of adoption. Your adoption counselor will assist you with the process for return.