Consider the numbers. Currently in San Antonio, there are over 160,000 stray dogs and cats. In 2012, the Animal Defense League saved over 4,000 homeless, abandoned or abused pets and performed more than 9,000 spay/neuter surgeries as part of the ongoing fight to solve this critical problem in this community. Donating makes you part of the solution as ADL strives to save over 33,000 more lives in the next five years. As our community’s oldest, true no-kill shelter, we continue to lead the city towards its live-release goals, but can only do it with your financial support.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we rely on the generosity and advocacy of the community to operate and to provide food, shelter, medical care and love to thousands of abandoned, abused and neglected dogs and cats in our care. Your donation makes a substantial and immediate impact. Your donation makes a substantial and immediate impact on the lives of these animals, and we appreciate every dollar that comes to us. Please consider making a donation to help us!
All funds raised through the operation of ADL’s Thrift Shoppe go directly back to supporting the care of our animals. Help keep us stacked with great merchandise bdonating your new and gently used household items.
Items donate for use as Thrift Shoppe inventory can be dropped off at the Animal Defense League seven days a week between 10:30 am and 6:30 pm. If assistance is needed to unload, don’t hesitate to ask!
|What we can accept:||What we cannot accept:|
How can I donate?
- MAIL your donation to 11300 Nacogdoches Rd., San Antonio, TX 78217.
- CALL 210-655-1481, ext. 117 to make a credit card donation by phone.
- FAX a completed donation form to the attention of Rachel Taylor to 210-655-4489.
- ONLINE using GiveDirect.
- VISIT the Adoption Center, ADL Thrift Shoppe or ADL Hospital to make your donation in person.
What kind of donations can I make?
- General Donations : A general donation will go into a general fund to provide daily care of our resident animals as well as ongoing operations.
- Tributes : Consider donating to ADL as a gift in memory or in honor of a special person or even a pet. A notification of your gift can also be sent to a recipient of your choice. Click here for a printable Tribute Donation Form.
- Sponsorship : Consider sponsoring a dog or cat of your choice! Our sponsorship program is a way for you to make a connection with a specific homeless pet in need and provide and advocate for it, even if you don’t have the ability to adopt at this time. Click here for more information on our sponsorship program!
- Bequests : Bequests are excellent sources of support that guarantee ADL’s ability to continue to rescue and shelteabused and abandoned dogs and cats in the future. A bequest can consist of money, securities,works of art and/or real estate. Please consider including ADL in your will and we encourage you to speak with your financial advisor. For more information on making a bequest to the Animal Defense League, please contact Cone Wells at 210-655-1481, ext. 111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding making a donation to the Animal Defense League of Texas, the Development staff will be happy to assist you by phone at 210-655-1481, ext. 117 or by email at email@example.com.