Donate TODAY using our secure site by clicking HERE!
Consider the numbers: There are more than 160,000 stray dogs and cats in San Antonio. The Animal Defense League saved more than 5,000 homeless pets in 2015, and performed more than 6,500 spay/neuter surgeries as part of the ongoing effort to solve this critical problem. Donating makes you part of the solution as we strive to save more lives going forward. As San Antonio’s oldest no-kill shelter we continue to lead the city towards its live-release goals, but we need your financial support to make it happen.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, ADL relies on the generosity of its supporters to operate and provide food, shelter, and medical care to the hundreds of homeless pets in our care. Your donation has a specific and immediate positive impact on the lives of these animals. Please consider making a donation today!
All donations are tax deductible and we have made available our 501c3 Letter and ADL W-9 form for download. Please be sure to also view our 2013 Audited Financial Statements. To request a copy of ADL’s 2013 990, please send your request to Janice Darling, ADL Executive Director.
The Animal Defense League of Texas will never share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
ADL Fetching Finds Thrift Shop
All funds raised through the operation of ADL’s “Fetching Finds” Thrift Shop go directly back to supporting the care of our animals. Help keep us stocked with great merchandise by donating your new and gently used household items.
Items donate for use as inventory can be dropped off in our “Donation Station” located in the adoption center parking lot at the Animal Defense League … seven days a week between 10:30 am and 6:30 pm. If assistance is needed to unload, don’t hesitate to ask!
What we can accept:
What we cannot accept:
Ways You Can Support with a Donation:
How can I donate?
- MAIL your donation to 11300 Nacogdoches Rd., San Antonio, TX 78217.
- CALL 210-655-1481, ext. 117 to make a credit card donation by phone.
- FAX a completed donation form to the attention of Samantha Lee at 210-655-4489.
- Donate securely ONLINE using GiveDirect.
- VISIT the Adoption Center, Fetching Finds Thrift Shop or ADL Hospital to make your donation in person.
What kind of donations can I make?
- General Donations : A general donation will go into a general fund to provide daily care of our resident animals as well as ongoing operations.
- Tributes : Consider donating to ADL as a gift in memory or in honor of a special person or even a pet. A notification of your gift can also be sent to a recipient of your choice. Click here for a printable Tribute Donation Form.
- Sponsorship : Consider sponsoring a dog or cat of your choice! Our sponsorship program is a way for you to make a connection with a specific homeless pet in need and provide and advocate for it, even if you don’t have the ability to adopt at this time. Click here for more information on our sponsorship program!
- Bequests : Bequests are excellent sources of support that guarantee ADL’s ability to continue to rescue abused and abandoned dogs and cats in the future. A bequest can consist of money, securities,works of art and/or real estate. Please consider including ADL in your will. We also encourage you to speak with your financial advisor. For more information on making a bequest to the Animal Defense League, please contact Anne Meyer at 210-655-1481, ext. 111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding making a donation to the Animal Defense League of Texas, the Development staff will be happy to assist you by phone at 210-655-1481, ext. 117 or by email at email@example.com.