Our volunteer program is committed to finding new ways of helping our friends here at the Animal Defense League. Volunteers help us give hope, love and companionship to homeless dogs and cats. Whether it is walking dogs, manning an information booth or helping in the Thrift Shoppe, our volunteers are helping to save dogs and cats in our community.
How to Become an ADL Volunteer
- All volunteers must be at least 10 years of age. Volunteers 16 and older may volunteer on their own. Children 10 through 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to 4 hours of service per month for at least 3 months.
- We require that everyone first attend a Volunteer Orientation Class. CLICK HERE to find the date of the next Orientation Class, which is listed on our Event Calendar. You must also register for the class in advance by filling out one of the online applications below.
- If you are at least 16-years-old or older, please click HERE for the Adult Volunteer Application. If you will be accompanied by a child between 10 and 15-years-old, please click HERE for the family application.
- During class, a donation will be collected. Fees are $25 for an individual; $50 for two members of the same family. Additional family members are just $10 per person. This donation fee covers the cost of the class and everyone’s volunteer t-shirts.
- Volunteers requiring community service hours for school, a club or a project must sign in and sign out for the hours to count. A copy of their hours can be requested one week in advance of when they are due through the Volunteer Manager.
- For court appointed community service, you must be at least 16 years old. These hours are NOT through the regular volunteer program, so you do not need to register for an orientation. Court-appointed community service hours may be served weekly from Tuesday through Saturday only. Please call 655-1481, ext. 118 for full details. You can also email the Supervisor of Maintenance and Community Service at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.